The most important aspect to keeping gas-phase filtration systems operating at peak performance is ensuring they are supplied with high-performance chemisorbant media. Media changeouts should be done as a standard part of system maintenance. When media changes are neglected, the system can not function as intended and undesirable gases and odors will be released into the environment. Conversely, premature media changeouts lead to unnecessary downtime and unplanned expense. Proper media replacement timing is important for optimizing media performance and system efficiency.
Media Monitoring and Maintenance
The life span of media will depend on factors like the type and quantity of gas and the airflow. Typically media performs reliably for just over a year. Beyond date tracking, there are additional ways to test the effectiveness of adsorbent media.
Electronic Media Bed Monitoring (EBM) is an innovative first-to-market technology developed by PureAir Filtration that provides live, reliable media life monitoring for gas-phase filtration systems.
1st Generation Electronic Media Bed Monitor (EBM)
- Accurately monitors remaining media life
- Alerts plant operator before media replacement is needed
- Avoids contaminant breakthrough and extended downtimes
- Facilitates advanced scheduling for media changeout
- Transmits data wirelessly or wired
A New Generation Electronic Bed Monitor (EBMv2)
The EBMv2 features six externally wired and mounted sensors to detect changes in the life of the adsorbent media. The sensors transmit this information to a control panel that predicts a media consumption date based on a proprietary algorithm, alerting users when media is partially and completely consumed.
- Higher quality sensors at a lower cost
- Sensors are protected from moisture and they are more accessible
- Available for multiple gases (H2S, chlorine, etc.)
- Cloud collection of data
- Easier media changeout without a sensor bar in the way
- Can be retrofitted on existing deep bed systems
PureAir Filtration is Your Source for Effective Gas-Phase Filtration Solutions
As a leader in the removal of corrosive gases, toxic vapors, and unpleasant odors, we custom engineer and manufacture gas phase filtration solutions that are designed to meet specific application needs. Whether you need to optimize your system’s odor removal performance, or need an entirely new system, we are here to serve your needs.
Contact us to discuss your project.