Protection of Critical Electronics
Can you afford an electronic failure?
Stop corrosion before it starts and save thousands in downtime and repair costs.
From left to right: G1, G2, G3, GX
We specialize in protecting critical electronics
- Protection of mission critical electronics hardware
- Elimination of hydrogen sulfide and other corrosive emissions
- These gases can cause whiskers and short-circuiting which can lead to production loss, plant interruptions, and accidents.
- In commercial environments like data centers, we super-purify the air to protect valuable servers, thus protecting critical company data and processes.
- We offer multiple models of air handling units, depending on requirements and needs. Each unit is customizable.
- We also offer simplified, ready-to-go units, which are ready to ship upon purchase: PFU-Mobile and PFU-Mini. Other, larger PFU models are also available for higher airflow systems.
- Our SAH unit is often used in applications requiring a more customized and robust system. Other options, including deep bed systems, are available as well.
What we can help with:
- Motor Control Center (MCC)
- Distributed Control System (DCS)
- Programmable Logic Controller (PLC)
- Control Room and Panels
- Rack Room
- Card Failure
FACILITY TYPE: Progroup PM3 Papermill
LOCATION: Leipzig, Germany
EQUIPMENT/MEDIA USED: Side Access Housing units (SAH), PurePak 12 modules, Sulphasorb™ (no longer available) and PureAir 8 chemisorbant media
PROBLEM: Remove hydrogen sulfide (H2S), sulfur dioxide (SO2), and sulfite (SO3), and other corrosive gases that could cause damage to mission critical hardware and data systems in control rooms.
SOLUTION: PureAir Filtration provided Side Access Housing (SAH) units with PurePak-12 modules filled with Sulphasorb (no longer available) and PureAir 8 media. The systems and media reduced corrosive gas levels and maintained those levels at G1 air quality in the control rooms.
Looking to monitor levels of corrosive gases in your environment?
- Offers live, accurate results of environment surveillance and detection of corrosion.
- This prevents expensive interruptions by saving valuable electronics.
- Constant Environment Surveillance
- Early Detection
- Easy to Install
- Long Service Life
- Ethernet Connection
World Wide Standard for Protecting Industrial Electronics: ISA S71.04
- G1 level needed to protect electronics, but many factors must also be reviewed:
- Configuration, air recirculation vs pressurization
- Air tightness of area
- Contamination brought into room with traffic
- Air tightness of ducts
- Room walls in contact with corrosive air
- Relative humidity < 50%
- Temperature target 22°C and stable
|Corrosion is not a factor||Corrosion is measurable||High probability that corrosion attacks will occur||Electronic/electrical equipment is not expected to survive|
|Copper Reactivity Level||0-299 Angstroms||300-999 Angstroms||1000-1999 Angstroms||≥ 2000 Angstroms|
|Silver Reactivity Level||0-199 Angstroms||200-999 Angstroms||1000-1999 Angstroms||≥ 2000 Angstroms|
|H2S Hydrogen Sulfide||< 3 ppb||< 10 ppb||< 50 ppb||≥ 50 ppb|
|SO2 Sulfur Dioxide||< 10 ppb||< 100 ppb||< 300 ppb||≥ 300 ppb|
|CL2 Chlorine||< 1 ppb||< 2 ppb||< 10 ppb||≥ 10 ppb|
|NOx Nitrogen Oxides||< 50 ppb||< 125 ppb||< 1250 ppb||≥ 1250 ppb|
|NH3 Amonia||< 500 ppb||< 10,000 ppb||< 25,000 ppb||≥ 25,000 ppb|
|O3 Ozone||< 2 ppb||< 25 ppb||< 100 ppb||≥ 100 ppb|
|HF Hydrogen Fluoride||< 1 ppb||< 2 ppb||< 10 ppb||> 10 ppb|